The Internship to Employment Program connects you to a recent CUNY alumna/us for an 8-week internship, with the goal of both your business and the intern exploring the potential for a permanent fit at your company. If at the end of the internship you decide to hire your intern into a permanent position, you can receive a 24-week wage subsidy to partially cover your new hire's wages.
- CUNY recruits recent CUNY graduates from a variety of majors.
- Interns are screened and selected through a competitive process and are matched with your business based on your intern job description and skill requirements. Your business will have the opportunity to interview candidates before selecting the intern to hire.
- The 8-week internship period begins January 24, 2022, and ends March 21, 2021.
- Interns will be paid $15/hr for 35 hours of work per week, covered by CUNY and on CUNY payroll.
- At the end of the internship, you will have the option to hire the intern and receive a wage subsidy of $8 per hour for 24 weeks. While hiring is not required, we will give priority to businesses that will consider hiring their interns upon completion of the internship.
If you would like to recruit for multiple roles that require different skills, please fill out this form for each role so we can best understand the desired skills for each role. Please ensure that the application includes a detailed job description with desired skills, knowledge, and experience as well as specific job responsibilities.
If you have any questions, contact Beth Spektor, Director of CUNY Internship Programs at email@example.com.